Pew Chapel

at Bryn Mawr

Restoration

Pew Chapel at Bryn Mawr

Pennsylvania

This congregation has been committed to mission and outreach since the late 1800’s when BMPC became the first Presbyterian church in American to directly maintain its own foreign missionaries. Among them was Dr. William Wanless, who established a hospital in Miraj, India, that exists to this day as a thriving medical center. Although this is a “side-chapel”, do not let the name mislead you. The exquisite beauty of this smaller campus building is a true treasure to behold. The Pew Chapel is the “jewel” of the BMPC campus. It is home to 20 Willet windows and 4 exquisite Tiffany Windows. The Tiffany windows are four to five layers of glass thick, a technique called plating. Most of the Willet windows were releaded. The Tiffany windows received exterior protective glazing and a comprehensive cleaning. Paint conservation techniques were utilized during the cleaning of these famous windows.

  Project Gallery

Image

© 2019, Femenella & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact Information

Femenella & Associates
10 County Line Road,
Suite 24
Branchburg, NJ 08876
Phone: (908) 722-6526

Our Services

Social Media

Search